Sunday 21 August 2011

CAMP!

Hello, Friends!  I know it has been over a week since my last entry, BUT that is only because I was out of town in Wicklow County for a week at Camp.  DCM is finishing up their summer camps, which are located on land that they own out in Wicklow.  Last week was the Town area Family Camp with kids in the DCM area of town and their families.

I am literally about to walk out the door for a second week of camp, which is called Choose Life.  Choose Life is the 15-18 group of kids that come to DCM on Fridays, so it should be a little more relaxed, as there are less kids to deal with.  This past week was very educational.  I got to lead morning worship sessions for the leaders, but not so much for the main sessions because not too many of the people know any worship songs.  This week, though, I'm hoping that we get to do more worship with the older kids.  Several of the leaders/other year-teamers play instruments, so we may have a guitar keyboard and violin to work with, which should be a good time.

So I had one night back in town with which I did laundry and slept, and now I'm heading out again.  It's good times though.  I have two weeks off coming up, and I'm making a trip up North to see my new friends from Northern Ireland.  I have to go now.  I love you all, and I'll talk to you in a week!

Kyle

3 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to check in, even for a moment. Your mom will be thrilled. So happy you're enjoying your work in Ireland so far, Kyle. We pray for you several times a day. Be safe and enjoy the beautiful Emerald Isle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I not only skyped with him, I got a tour of his place and many details. He can actually do the laudry while preparing food. Laundry facilities are right in the kitchen. It's a lot of adjusting but I think he's enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coolest thing about your post is how much you seem to be enjoying yourself. Sometimes the biggest sacrifices turn out to be the greatest blessings as well. Love you. Glad you're having fun and doing good works.

    ReplyDelete